- Brand new user interface
- Private browsing support
- More accessibility options
- Support for progressive web apps and notifications
- Added password manager
- Improvements to performance and security
Version 12 marks a new age for SF Browser, with lots of planned future updates and many new features.
- Ad Block
- Block ads with the flick of a switch; saving you data and greatly improving your browsing experience
- New settings
- You can now request websites to not track you
- Choose whether images load automatically
- This can save you data if you’re on a limited data plan
- Choose if you want certain options on or off such as
- cookies and third-party cookies
- Flash (for older devices)
- Total redesign of settings
- Small changes to the tab menu
- Tab buttons are now curved
- Favicons are now circular
- Minor changes to the homepage
- Fixed the homepage sometimes not disappearing when selecting non-homepage tabs
- Fixed a bug which rarely causing the content to be blank and the app to crash
- Fixed the app crashing due to the user having disabled Android’s Download Manager
- Fixed fullscreen video sometimes being unable to exit fullscreen, and not automatically re-minimising system soft keys
Other – Links opened via third party apps are now focused and shown on top of any other tabs which might be open.
Super Fast Browser has now been downloaded by more than 2,100,000 people! And has an average rating of 4.3!
If you haven’t already installed it for yourself, download it here –
More beta testing spots have been added!
Being a beta tester allows you to try out new features before anyone else, however it will be experimental, and you may experience bugs.
If you’re interested, you can become a beta tester for Super Fast Browser here.
10.0.1-001a is a large restructuring update. There aren’t many new features, but a tonne of work went into it and major back-end improvements have been made.
- No more tab limit
- Popup menus (when you hold on a link for example) now have icons next to the options
- You can edit bookmarks from the bookmark menu now
- Overall performance improved
Bug fixes have also been made.
- New much cleaner homepage
- Minor UI changes (changed pull to refresh indicator and progress bar color from cyan to a darker shade of blue)
- Made the toolbar’s hide/show animation much smoother
- Greatly improved the efficiency of searching/entering addresses through the address bar
- Improved efficiency of setting the address bar URL color
- Random crashes caused by address bar
Thank you beta testers, all 250 of you!
- Sometimes crashing when exiting from fullscreen video
- Sometimes crashing when trying to upgrade to full version
- App not listed in “open in browser” option
- No connection page sometimes continuously reloading
Speed dial customization screen improvements
- New reset to default option
- New option to change the color of the speed dial
- For speed dials that are edited by the user, the icon sets to the first letter of the speed dial title (instead of a previous, globe icon)
Minor UX changes
- Tab menu closes when a different tab is selected
- Tab menu closes when a new tab is made
- Stopped the address bar gaining focus when the app starts initially
Minor UI changes
- Improved shading for popups on devices running old Android versions
- Modified the no connection screen
- Cancel option within the address bar to cancel loading
- New lock symbol is shown depending on whether or not the website has a valid certificate
- New protection layer for users, so they have a hurdle to pass before accessing a potentially harmful website
Improved the sliding tab menu
- Now slides over the content instead of behind the content
- Increased new tab animation speed
If you want to view a complete list of everything changed in this update, you can read more via the project’s GitHub Wiki
A large Super Fast Browser update is waiting to be published. You can read the project GitHub Wiki to see what’s coming and what has been changed already.
Super Fast Browser surpassed 1,000,000 downloads on Google Play, thank you all!
Aesir Apps has also been renamed to Hydrisoft
- New menu that shows when holding on links
- Even more language support. Check if your favoured language was added here: https://aesirapps.com/sfb-faq/
- Changed how users open the app from external links
- Improved the page that shows when there is no internet connection
- Improved how tab text is set
- Changed the ‘open in new tab’ popup menu option animation to a faint glow to indicate a new tab was made
- Selected tab text bold
- Session not saved on occasion, showed about:blank instead
- Sometimes crashed on start (caused by checking for upgrade purchase)
- Smarter favicon tab images
What to Expect in the Next Update
- Ultra fast option – this will disable all non-essential features such as history writing and session saving, which will speed up your browsing experience
- Sliding animation in the tab menu instead of a fading animation
- Night mode
- Anonymous browsing
- More in-depth speed dial customization