What Song has been updated for the first time since it’s publish – 14th November 2014.
Until now, the app was nothing but a prank to annoy users (more than 64,000 of them) with only one result, Sandstorm by Darude.
- You can actually identify songs playing around you now
- Cool animations
- Library of identified songs
- Preview, share, and open songs directly from the app
As can be seen from the screenshots of the app, the visualizer is not yet in the published release.
What is new
- Added Indonesian language support
- More options
- Added homepage quick access to the overflow menu
- A lot of optimisation went into this update in an effort to improve performance
- Removed old tab limit restraints on windows made through history/bookmark popup
We’re Updating What Song!
For years, What Song has been tormenting users with the famous song by Darude; Sandstorm.
It has been very successful in annoying more than 64,000 people.. Because of the traffic the app has seen, we have decided to transform the prank app into a real product.
(We aim to publish the update in two weeks!)
10.0.1-001a is a large restructuring update. There aren’t many new features, but a tonne of work went into it and major back-end improvements have been made.
- No more tab limit
- Popup menus (when you hold on a link for example) now have icons next to the options
- You can edit bookmarks from the bookmark menu now
- Overall performance improved
Bug fixes have also been made.
- New much cleaner homepage
- Minor UI changes (changed pull to refresh indicator and progress bar color from cyan to a darker shade of blue)
- Made the toolbar’s hide/show animation much smoother
- Greatly improved the efficiency of searching/entering addresses through the address bar
- Improved efficiency of setting the address bar URL color
- Random crashes caused by address bar
Thank you beta testers, all 250 of you!
- Sometimes crashing when exiting from fullscreen video
- Sometimes crashing when trying to upgrade to full version
- App not listed in “open in browser” option
- No connection page sometimes continuously reloading
Speed dial customization screen improvements
- New reset to default option
- New option to change the color of the speed dial
- For speed dials that are edited by the user, the icon sets to the first letter of the speed dial title (instead of a previous, globe icon)
Minor UX changes
- Tab menu closes when a different tab is selected
- Tab menu closes when a new tab is made
- Stopped the address bar gaining focus when the app starts initially
Minor UI changes
- Improved shading for popups on devices running old Android versions
- Modified the no connection screen
- Cancel option within the address bar to cancel loading
- New lock symbol is shown depending on whether or not the website has a valid certificate
- New protection layer for users, so they have a hurdle to pass before accessing a potentially harmful website
Improved the sliding tab menu
- Now slides over the content instead of behind the content
- Increased new tab animation speed
If you want to view a complete list of everything changed in this update, you can read more via the project’s GitHub Wiki
Would you like to be a beta tester for Super Fast Browser?
You will gain access to the latest features before everyone else, however your browsing experience may be slower and you might encounter bugs and errors in the app.
Click here to become a beta tester!
To give feedback on beta testing, please use the contact form on the contact page!
A large Super Fast Browser update is waiting to be published. You can read the project GitHub Wiki to see what’s coming and what has been changed already.
Super Fast Browser surpassed 1,000,000 downloads on Google Play, thank you all!
Aesir Apps has also been renamed to Hydrisoft
- New menu that shows when holding on links
- Even more language support. Check if your favoured language was added here: https://aesirapps.com/sfb-faq/
- Changed how users open the app from external links
- Improved the page that shows when there is no internet connection
- Improved how tab text is set
- Changed the ‘open in new tab’ popup menu option animation to a faint glow to indicate a new tab was made
- Selected tab text bold
- Session not saved on occasion, showed about:blank instead
- Sometimes crashed on start (caused by checking for upgrade purchase)
- Smarter favicon tab images
What to Expect in the Next Update
- Ultra fast option – this will disable all non-essential features such as history writing and session saving, which will speed up your browsing experience
- Sliding animation in the tab menu instead of a fading animation
- Night mode
- Anonymous browsing
- More in-depth speed dial customization