This is just a small, bug fixing update. 😊
We’ve reduced the app size from 40mb to 4mb. This is 4x lower than the median browser app size from our competitors.
New localisations are available.
Choose custom gestures in settings.
Tabs are now found in a sliding popup.
Changes in this update
- Upgraded to Chromium 72
- Added new feed to the homepage
- Speed dial optimisation
- Moved the private mode button from the bottom toolbar to the top of the tab switcher and changed it from being a single toggle button to a duel button selector.
- Added a ‘return to current tab’ button to the tab switcher
- Support for 64 bit and x86 CPU architecture
What will we see in the next update?
- Fast scroll bar for tab switching mode
- Further design changes in the tab switcher
- New annoyance blocker to stop annoying newsletter and cookie popups getting in the way of your browsing
- New advert and tracker blocker
- Removed advert from the homepage
- Improved performance of speed dials
- Private mode status bar not changing to private mode color
- Homepage settings not displaying
User interface changes
- Removed fade animation from
bottomtoolbar when entering & exiting tab switcher and private mode
- Slightly changed scaling when deleting a tab
- Added advert to
- Hopefully this is temporary and we can implement less intrusive ads in the future
Download SF Browser here
- Brand new user interface
- Private browsing support
- More accessibility options
- Support for progressive web apps and notifications
- Added password manager
- Improvements to performance and security
Version 12 marks a new age for SF Browser, with lots of planned future updates and many new features.
Welcome to Hydris App’s new website!
- Ad Block
- Block ads with the flick of a switch; saving you data and greatly improving your browsing experience
- New settings
- You can now request websites to not track you
- Choose whether images load automatically
- This can save you data if you’re on a limited data plan
- Choose if you want certain options on or off such as
- cookies and third-party cookies
- Flash (for older devices)
- Total redesign of settings
- Small changes to the tab menu
- Tab buttons are now curved
- Favicons are now circular
- Minor changes to the homepage
- Fixed the homepage sometimes not disappearing when selecting non-homepage tabs
- Fixed a bug which rarely causing the content to be blank and the app to crash
- Fixed the app crashing due to the user having disabled Android’s Download Manager
- Fixed fullscreen video sometimes being unable to exit fullscreen, and not automatically re-minimising system soft keys
Other – Links opened via third party apps are now focused and shown on top of any other tabs which might be open.
Super Fast Browser has now been downloaded by more than 2,100,000 people! And has an average rating of 4.3!
If you haven’t already installed it for yourself, download it here –
- New homepage
- New block site option
- Minor color changes
- Changed color of popups and no internet connection alert
- Fixed fatal issue with deleting tabs
- This fix also includes code optimisation and speed enhancements when creating/changing tabs
- Fixed rare fatal issue with finding tab
- Fixed speed dials sometimes not being refreshed after being edited
More beta testing spots have been added!
Being a beta tester allows you to try out new features before anyone else, however it will be experimental, and you may experience bugs.
If you’re interested, you can become a beta tester for Super Fast Browser here.